Prepared by PM Raina
1. ___________ is called the grandmother of search engines.
2. Institute of Information Scientists(IIS) and Library Association
UK (LA) merged in 2002 to form _________.
3. The term Gazette is associated with official/governmental
documents and the term gazetteer is basically a ___________ .
4. Words with same spelling and pronunciation but different
meaning are called __________ [Eg. Mercury(planet),
5. A classification and subject index, for cataloguing and
arranging the books and pamphlets of a library written by
Melvil Dewey in 1876 is the ______ edition of DDC.
6. Words with different spelling and meaning but with identical
pronunciation are called __________(Eg. Birth, Berth).
7. The full form of DOAJ is __________________.
8. UDC was first published between 1904-1907 in ______
9. Dr. S. R. Ranganathan was awarded honorary D. Litt.
by ________(1948) and ___________(1964).
10. Anesthesiology is a result of ___________(mode of
formation of subject).
3. geographical information source
4. Homonyms(same name)
6. Homophones(same sound)
7. Directory of Open Access Journals
9. University of Delhi(1948) and University of Pittsburgh(1964)